stylefile: denim shirts

Tuesday 25 September 2012

I am not a fashionista. Fact. I'm someone who plays it safe with my outfit choices and I'm sure I've been tagged on Facebook wearing the same outfit umpteen times! But I thought I'd go out of my comfort zone for once and try and style some outfits with one piece of clothing that can be worn day or night.

Today, I focused on denim shirts. Now, I'm well aware that is it Autumn and you're in the midst of storing all your Summer clothes away. But whose to say the great British weather won't throw us a curveball?

DAYTIME
ASOS pendant necklace

I'm pretty sure my middle name is 'casual' and this outfit is everything that I love. With a plain t-shirt and black jeggings, the denim shirt is great to throw on. With Autumn rearing its beautiful head around the corner, I love these black boots and the bag to finish everything off. Great for running errands around town or just to meet up with friends. Simplistic at its best.

NIGHT-TIME

I had to be a bit creative with a night time outfit with this denim shirt so I kept everything mainly black as to prevent clashing too many materials! First off, how beautiful is that dress? With the denim shirt, it'll be great for a casual dinner date or a fancy trip to the theatre. The ankle boots are actually really comfy (yes, I tried them on in the store but sadly walked away without them!) because they have a very slight platform so you can go for a romantic walk in the park without grimacing in pain! Along with the clutch and the hair bow, I'd even start to think I was Zooey Deschanel! 

What do you think of the outfits I've styled? Can you think of any other way to style this denim shirt for a day or night-time look?

Vanessa

x

2 comments:

  1. Both are such lovely outfits! The daytime one looks so comfy yet super chic! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm tempted to get some of the things I picked out for that outfit :D

      xx

      Delete