Review: Make Up Forever HD Foundation

Sunday 9 September 2012

I decided to do this review before making a decision as to whether I was going to throw this out. I'm sure the reasons for my decision will become more apparent as I write this review.




I bought this foundation after hearing so many great things about it on blogs and YouTube videos. This was technically my very first high-end foundation as well as my first liquid foundation purchase so you can tell I already had quite expensive taste! I was lucky enough to come across this when I stumbled upon a Sephora when I was visiting my friend's city in Spain.

I managed to match my skin (albeit, all wrong) to Shade 125 and I really loved using it when I got back to Scotland. The coverage is really good. It has that fine line between being too heavy coverage and not enough coverage and has a buildable formula so that you can control how much you want to apply. It possesses the amazing ability to not be too heavy on your face but you're still aware of it being there. From there, for me, it all goes downhill.

I'm quite stingy when it comes to using up make-up because I spent so much money on it, I was worried I was going to run out. I rationed it to the point where I just stopped using it. Probably not a great idea as I can truthfully say that I bought this back in the Summer of 2010 (I can hear you all say 'ewwwwww' in the background!) As a HD foundation, I thought that it would look amazing in photographs but I experienced severe 'ghost-face' on a recent night out where I risked using it again. A lovely reader suggested mixing in with a darker foundation but I realised that I don't have a darker foundation to mix it in with (fail). 

I'm on the absolute verge of throwing it out! I truly believe that this is unsalvageable! In saying that, I would definitely re-purchase it again if I come across it but I would love to speak to a sales assistant about it first before parting with my hard earned cash!

What do you think about this foundation? Am I going about it in the wrong way?

Vanessa

x

8 comments:

  1. Aww that sucks. I feel like I have a love/hate relationship relationship with this foundation! I'd say maybe shuck it since it wasn't the best shade and it's a couple years old....(not saying eww btw, I have foundations at least a year old lo) /:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I know some people might not think it's hygienic but I don't mind it! I think I will chuck it. Feel like throwing money out the window though!

      xx

      Delete
  2. Aw that's a shame, I have this foundation and love it for the summer months. When I first bought it I experienced 'ghost face' but now I don't =S It's a shame they don't sell MUFE more widely in the UK! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I would consider buying it again if I could easily buy it in the UK. Such a shame :(

      xx

      Delete
  3. I didn't get on with this foundation either hon,here's my review on it :
    http://makeupbeautyshopping.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/mufe-hd-foundation-review.html
    Nuala xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't get on with this at all - but I bought it in Paris and had to shade match myself as I couldn't really speak enough French to carry much of an indepth conversation, probably around 2010 too! Anyway I bought 115 but it was still far too dark for me, though I am tempted to try an investigate it again and see what other shades there are

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so let down by this foundation but like you, I would love to try some of the other shades and see if it is a better match for me.

      xx

      Delete