FOTN: Own The Night

Saturday 1 September 2012


The lighting isn't so great when I took the first picture as it was taken under my spotlights but we shall hopefully deal with it! 

If you follow me on Twitter (@ParisianOrchid), you will know that I went out for a few drinks on the town, which I hadn't done so in quite a while. I'm quite a social hermit and prefer to spend my time indoors in my pyjamas surfing the net, watching the tele-box and just hanging out with my family. So when my friend came back home from London for the weekend, we decided to have a few drinks and a little boogie in the city centre.

I hadn't used my Make Up Forever HD Foundation in a while, and I'm actually thinking about throwing it out as it hasn't been used for ages. But I thought I would give it one last go and see how it comes out. In all honesty, I think I will dispose of it. It's far too old and whilst taking photos that night, I looked terribly pale! Boo! I actually really like this foundation but there is something about it that just doesn't stick well with me. If you would like me to review this for you before I throw it out, then let me know!

I went for a subtle smokey eye with a subtle lip and used my UD Naked palette to create this. The eyeshadows I used were: Sin (all over the lid), Toasted (as a crease colour) and Hustle (to darken up and smoke out the eye). It is quite difficult for me to create any form of a nice eyeshadow look because both of my eyelids differ significantly but I tried my very best!

I had a great night catching up with friends and dancing along to cheesy music (Cha-Cha Slide and Cotton Eye Joe anyone?)

What's your go-to make up look for nights out?

Vanessa

x

6 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to try out the MakeUp Forever HD Foundation! A review would be great! I just did a review of Collection's Lasting Perfection Foundation and its amazing! :D

    Jess.

    http://riversiderose.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I'll get that on my 'to-do' list :)

      xx

      Delete
  2. Aww I'm glad you had a good night out :o)

    have you tried mixing it with a darker foundation? You never know it might help! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I haven't tried that. I'll definitely give it a try though, I'd hate to throw this out!

      xx

      Delete
  3. thx for sending me your link. I think you have a great blog. I'm following now! Hope you'll visit my blog too and let me know if you like it!
    http://www.curlsandbags.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm having a wee nosey at your blog now :)

      xx

      Delete