january resolution

Friday 4 January 2013


We all do them don't we? New Years resolutions that is. By week one, we're fed up of the gym, eating salad and picked up the phone and ordered your favourite chinese meal. I'll admit, I'm like that too. It's so difficult to keep up resolutions for an entire year so I thought I would do a resolution month by month.

Each month I will be picking a resolution and dedicating a month to it. It's much more do-able and it'll always be fresh in your mind. I've made a chart and stuck it on my wardrobe door so I always see it. If I managed to complete the chart, I'll get it framed at the end of the year and will be able to reflect upon the year where I actually committed to something!

January is 'photo a day january'. If you follow me on Instagram (loch_nessssss), you will have already seen the first 4 days go up but worry not if you don't have Instagram, I'll be sure to do a weekly round up of the photos I have taken. They don't have to be of anything special, just something that I have done that day, be it food, activities, friends or just chilling out at home. 

I haven't made any long terms plans for the rest of the months but the idea is just to take it one month at a time and see what things I would like to achieve at that time. I'm havering towards the 'Jar of Happiness' idea in February and as it's my birthday in February, it's going to be a good starting point.

Have you ever done monthly resolutions or are you going for the whole year sha-bang? 

P.S. I hope you all had a brilliant Hogmanay and New Year! I'm finally on annual leave from so I'm finally enjoying a well deserved week off work!


Vanessa

x

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I've made small resolutions so I can concentrate on them one at a time till they're all done, though a lot of them link up so by the time I've managed to complete 1 I should have made a start on another sort of thing :L Well done on running 2 5K's - you're officially my new inspiration! :L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so much more efficient I think! Aww, thanks! It was one of my 'things' for last year to complete at least 1 race :)

      Delete