review | bobbi brown long-wear gel eyeliner - espresso ink

Thursday 27 June 2013

This product has been sitting in my drawer unopened and unused for about 2 years now but as I'm being a bit more adventurous with bold eyeliner, I decided to finally break the seal. 

The shade in question is 'Espresso Ink' which is a brown shade. I find black is a very harsh colour for me and I prefer to use black for evenings or for bold eye makeup looks. The brown shade is perfect for every day wear and has a more gentle feel to it. 





The product itself is very easy to use. I use the Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Eyeliner brush and off I go. It's got a smooth application and very long wearing as I can go a full 9 hour shift at work and it's still there. The pigmentation however is something I need to touch on...

I'm not sure if it's because I'm not using more of a heavy hand to apply it or because the brown shade really doesn't come out unless you really build it up. Therefore, I must be bolder and be not afraid to really concentrate and get a fluid line!

At £17.00 a pop (ouch!), it's really more of a splurge than anything. I believe I bought this on QVC where I got Black Ink and Espresso Ink with the brush in a set so it was slightly cheaper than buying it indivdually. I don't think I would have bought it had it not been for the deal. 

I think there are more affordable and better gel eyeliners on the market. The drugstore brands have really up their game in regards to gel eyeliners and Maybelline does a fantastic one for half the price. 

In saying that, Bobbi Brown does a brilliant range of colours and if you're looking for something a little extra special then this may be for you. You can click here to view their range.

What did you think of this product? Have you got any holy grail eyeliners that you can't fault?


Vanessa

x

2 comments:

  1. I have used the one in Black Ink and I really need to build it up to get it to be opaque.
    You got a great deal from QVC!

    Kah-Feh Yen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the prospect of spending ages applying eyeliner is putting me off but I shall persevere!

      xx

      Delete