Palette Series: Revlon Colorstay in Adventurous

Monday, 2 July 2012

I'm not even sure I can class this as a palette, it's more of a quad but if there are more than one eyeshadow in the same set...it's a palette in this circumstance!

Revlon released these Colourstay quads quite recently and they come in a wide array of shades. They claim 16-hour wear but in all honesty...who needs to wear eyeshadow for 16 hours? The shade I have for you today is 'Adventurous' which is a lovely earthy brown quad.  I was a sucker for that shimmery green colour!




I like how Revlon shows you which shade to use on your eyes on the back of the packaging which I thought was a nice touch. The first shade is a pretty highlight colour (if on the slight 'white' side), the second shade is a gorgeous shimmery olive green which was the deal breaker for me! I don't have anything like this in my collection and really goes well with the 'Adventurous' theme. The third shade a deep bronzy brown that is more on the gold side and last but not least, shade four is a dark aubergine/purple/mauve colour.


I wish the packaging itself was more attractive as the shades are housed in black plastic casing and comes with a tiny sponge applicator. At £7.99 for this quad, I would have thought Revlon would have 'upped' their packaging ideas slightly to make it stand out from their other eyeshadow ranges. Nonetheless, the shades are really pigmented and I really want to prise myself away from neutral shades and be a bit more experimental with these colours!


The Revlon Colorstay Quads retail for £7.99 each, come in a wide array of shades and are available in Boots, Superdrug or online.


What do you think? Do you own this quad in any other shades?


Vanessa

x

8 comments:

  1. This neutral palette looks lush, I adore neutrals and are always on the lookout for new ones. I know what you mean about the packaging sometimes it can look a little outdated in comparison to other brands :(

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com/
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe someone can never have too many neutrals!

      xx

      Delete
  2. Number 2 is so gorgeous. It kind of reminds me of Nars nightclubbing which is one of my favourite eyeshadows. I've never bought any eyeshadows from Revlon so this is intriguing :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, I didn't realise it was a Nars dupe! Kind of excited about it now :) I would definitely give it a try!

      xx

      Delete
  3. I've been hearing great things about this and i think it's time for me to try this out lol. and i agree, the shimmery brownish/greyish green color is beautiful in the last photo!
    great blog post :)

    anansays.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would throughly recommend it! It's so great for travelling as well!

      xx

      Delete
  4. Such a great post!!!

    I'd like to keep in touch with you.
    What do you say about following each others blog via gfc and bloglovin?

    Let me know! Kisses,

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You have such a great blog!

      xx

      Delete