Foodie Eats // Brewdog Aberdeen

Saturday 1 October 2016



Brewdog has been an Aberdeen Institute for years and has grown massively since opening their flagship bar at Gallowgate in Aberdeen. Making craft beer since 2007 in Inverurie, they have grown to another location in Aberdeen and even further afield with 17 new bars in the UK and abroad.

One bleak Friday night, my Brother Orchid managed to secure us a table in a very busy bar and I asked for a recommendation on which beer to have from their exhaustive list. The server was really nice and suggested a light fruity raspberry beer which was delicious. Didn't even taste like beer and was so light and fresh.

The menu was mainly burgers and it had a very good selection of vegetarian and even vegan options. I was very tempted by the vegan option but opted for the Patriot which had a beef brisket patty, cheddar and bacon between a brioche bun.


The bar was really busy and we had to wait a while for the food to come and although we had planned to see a movie later in the evening we still had plenty of time. My friends ordered the sharing wings but I didn't partake as they were SPICY! Brother Orchid said they were very delicious and the plate was cleaned up within minutes.


The Patriot burger was one of the best burgers I have ever eaten. The brioche bun was golden brown and the burger was succulent. I didn't even draw breathe when eating. The skin on fries were crispy and some of the most tasty fries I have encountered. The best part was that there wasn't a soggy fry in sight and they were consistent in taste throughout. My plate was clean within 10 minutes and everyone had happy smiles.

The busy atmosphere didn't dampen the dining experience and it was great to spend an evening with the best people eating the best food. If you're ever in that area of town, I would definitely recommend paying a visit for the food or even a cheeky half pint of (raspberry) beer. Thank you Brewdog for making the best burger and beer to ever pass my lips.

Vanessa

x

No comments:

Post a Comment