// My Second Home

Saturday 29 October 2016


I consider myself really lucky to have parents that come from another country. I get to enjoy the culture from their homeland and also where I grew up. I have friends that also have the same upbringing as me and we always talk about the differences in food, culture and family life.

In less than 2 weeks, I'll be flying to the other side of the world and holidaying in what I consider my second home; Hong Kong.


I've been to Hong Kong a few times with my family and the last time I went two years ago, I went on a solo trip for some rest and relaxation with my grandparents eating delicious food. Oh the food!


This time I will be flying back to Hong Kong with my mum and we've already got so many things planned. My mum hasn't been home for many years now and I'm excited to spend this time with her and explore more of the city.

I've thought about moving to Hong Kong a few times to teach English but the city is so big and I feel like a small fish in a very big pond when I'm there. There's always something going on with places to see and visit but I'm very much content with the quiet life living in the suburbs and the peace.

So here I am, 10 days before I leave with no suitcase and no clothes suitable for the humidity of the Hong Kong. Wish me luck folks!


Vanessa

x

No comments:

Post a Comment