winter evening skincare routine

Saturday 15 December 2012


Hello, I'm Vanessa and I'm a skincare junkie (this is the part where you say; 'Welcome Vanessa, we still love you all the same'!) 

I probably spend an obscene amount of my time and money on skincare but as my friend always says, you only get one skin so you have to take care of it. During the Winter months, my skincare takes a drastic turn of events because my skin thirsts for thick creams and some extra tender loving care. Here is my night time skincare routine!

Origins Checks and Balances Cleanser: this product is really growing on me. Mainly because it has lasted me ages! I use it every night and it'll probably last me a couple more months. You can read my review here if you haven't already done so.

Origins Make a Difference Tonic: this is brilliant for dehydrated skin and smells like cucumbers! Well to me it smells like cucumbers! I sweep this across my face after cleansing and it just prepares my skin for any kind of moisturiser that I decide to use. 

Kiehls Abyssine Cream: 'anti-aging cream'! I hear you shriek! Well, funny story behind this purchase...I wanted to try something from the Kiehls line and conveniently I had run out of my previous moisturiser so I walked up to a Kiehls counter in Glasgow with a big grin on my face before reeling off my skin's extensive history to the assistant. She advised that I try this and I took her advice and parted with my money. On my return to Aberdeen, I noticed that it was an anti-aging cream and I bitterly sighed. But MamaOrchid pointed out (whilst pointing to my face) that it's never too early to start using anti-aging creams. I've given it a go and yes...I do like it to the point where I will finish the jar but I probably would like to try another product on Kiehl's line before embarking on anti-aging creams again!

LUSH Popcorn Lip Scrub: this is a recent addition to my night time routine. I noticed that whenever I put lip balm on, my lips are really flaky and just not attractive to look at even though I apply lip balm on like there's no tomorrow! I realised that I probably need to exfoliate my lips so I purchased this to combat the problem. I'm not going to go too much into it as I think it deserves a post of its own!

What Winter skincare products have you been loving? Does your skincare routine change along with the seasons?

Vanessa

x

2 comments:

  1. I really want to try one of the lip scrubs, popcorn sounds super yummy! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really nice! And they leave the lips feeling soft :D

      xx

      Delete