Foodie Eats: Giraffe

Tuesday 16 August 2016

The offerings in Union Square in Aberdeen are plentiful and you're never short of places to eat. With the cinema ideally placed amongst all these eateries, it's easy to grab a quick bite before catching a movie. 

Me, the boy and our friends frequent at the cinema very often with our Cineworld cards and after a lengthy conversation about where we were to dine; we settled on Giraffe. It was a bonus seeing a 25% off promotion with our cinema ticket.

The menu was diverse and I had trouble choosing what to have. I settled on the salt and pepper squid to start and the BBQ chicken quesadillas. 



The boy had the Tuscan Lamb Meatballs to start and they were very succulent and flavoursome. I had such food envy but managed to pinch a few bites of it before he mopped up the rest of it pretty quickly. My salt and pepper squid was delicious although slightly oily as it had built up at the bottom of the bowl it was still well received.


I had a bad experience with a quesadilla in the past so I was a bit nervous to see how this one would fare. I wasn't disappointed. The filling was very tasty and it had the perfect balance of cheese and black beans inside. The portion was very generous but I still managed to wolf the whole thing down along with a side of sweet potato fries. The rest of my party very much enjoyed their meal as all the plates were cleared of any trace of food.

The service was good and wasn't at all outstanding. Our drinks took a long time to arrive once ordered and our sweet potato fries were forgotten about until we had to flag down a waitress but the general experience was pleasant. We would certainly dine here again as there was plenty of things on the menu that I would like to try.

Giraffe, we shall meet again soon

Vanessa

x

No comments:

Post a Comment