The Active Me

Saturday 13 August 2016


First off, isn't Aberdeen Beach beautiful? I love the beach for its variety for different activities to do. Whether it be for a swim or ice skate in the leisure centre, tasty brunch with friends at the amazing Sand Dollar Cafe or for a nice run along the promenade.

I didn't used to have an active lifestyle. I used to go home after work and just slob out in the front of the tv and eat whatever I wanted. I had always been a bit chubby growing up and it wasn't until university where I found myself having to lose some of the weight due to health concerns. I joined the gym at university and after catching the running bug, I enjoyed the way I felt after a hard workout and seeing my gains (or weight loss in this case)

Ever since moving out into my own flat, I have been more aware of what I am eating and living so close to my work place means I have more time to run or to hit the gym in the morning or evening. Although my diet has slipped - cooking for only one person is really difficult! I've been making more of an effort to make healthy choices and not buying junk food and meal planning. Everything in moderation remember! Exercise and food included.

Having people around me who enjoy being active whether it be running, going for a walk or climbing hills has really helped me maintain my active lifestyle. There's nothing I love better than to go for a long run through the park racking up the mileage and feeling myself getting stronger.

I'm looking forward to the next stage in my healthy/fitness journey. I want to continue with my running and continue to better myself and improve my fitness levels. Whether I decide to take up yoga again, weight training or just a little mix of everything. I want to try it all!

Vanessa

x

No comments:

Post a Comment