The Great British Bake-Off Returns!

Wednesday 15 August 2012

Source
If you've been reading my blog for a while, you will notice that I love baking. My love of baking goes hand in hand with my favourite show; The Great British Bake Off. It returned to our little tele-boxes yesterday evening (I watch it on BBC iplayer as I let MummyOrchid watch her favourite Scottish soap opera!) and by gosh did it get my baking juices flowing!

If you haven't seen this show before, it's where 12 amateur bakers compete against each other in an effort to win the show and be crowned the best Great British Amateur Baker. They compete in baking challenges that showcase their skills and knowledge. This is of course judged by baking royalty; Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood. Presented by two of my favourite presenters, Mel and Sue (anyone remember that programme they did AGES ago?), their gentle humour really pushes this show to the next level!

There is a great mix of bakers this series and I can't wait to watch their baking journey! You can catch this show on Tuesday nights at 8pm on BBC Two.

Are you excited that this show is back on? What's your crowd pleaser signature bake?

Vanessa

x

4 comments:

  1. Eeeeeep I missed it! Love this programme so so much!

    Just thought I'd let you know I awarded you a Liebster award over on my blog :oD

    Lara @ bakemyday87.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From the first episode, there's already some laugh out loud moments for sure!

      Thanks so much for awarding me! I've been awarded before...am I allowed to do it again?

      xx

      Delete
  2. I love GBBO too! Loved watching the first episode, wish I could bake like that x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great isn't it? I would love to be able to bake at that level too!

      xx

      Delete