30 before 30 Challenge - Bennachie WIN

Monday 6 June 2016


If you're a long time reader of Parisian Orchid and of this 30 before 30 series, you will know that this is my second attempt up Bennachie! I couldn't have asked for better weather (a major contrast to the last time I tried to get to the top)

I'm not going to lie, I'm not a born walker and I hate walking anywhere! I prefer running so I really struggled with this hike but the sun was shining and it was definitely the day to make it to the top. It was really busy with other walkers and when we got to the top, the view was well worth it! We seemed to have done the adventure all wrong as we looked around, people had flasks of tea, sandwiches and snacks to enjoy whilst overlooking Aberdeenshire and we were ravenous. Next time, we will know to bring provisions.


I couldn't have done it without the boy spurring me on and staying by my side the entire way. Now that I've made it to the top, I would like to climb it again and possibly make it a regular thing through the summer.


Vanessa

x

No comments:

Post a Comment