Who doesn't love a bit of chocolate cake every now and then? Perfect with a scoop of ice cream or drenched in single cream. The possibilities are endless! A recent trip to Dobbies inspired me to make some choccy cake because I actually haven't made choccy cake in a while. I hit up Google and found this recipe albeit with a few changes.
225g caster sugar
200g self raising flour
50g cocoa powder
120g melted dark chocolate
120g melted milk chocolate
120ml semi skimmed milk
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees celsius.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl.
3. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water or in the microwave.
4. Mix in the eggs one at a time making sure it is mixed in well. If it starts to split, add a tablespoon of flour to the mix.
5. Fold in the flour, cocoa powder, melted chocolate and milk into the mixture.
6. Divide the mixture evenly between two greased cake tins.
7. Pop into the oven for 30 minutes or until fully cooked.
For the filling, I whipped up some double cream with a little sugar to sweeten it up and sliced some strawberries. You can also put a layer of strawberry jam on one of the cakes to make it even more tasty. If you're presenting to friends and family, dust the top of the cake with a little icing sugar and you're ready to go! I would recommend keeping this in the fridge due to the cream content but leave it out for 30 minutes prior to serving.
Serve with a smile and an iced drink of your choice in the garden under the sun.