getting crafty | floral crowns

Friday 12 July 2013


Summer is finally upon us! Hurrah! What better way to see in this amazing weather than with a crafty post. I haven't done one of these since Christmas time (oh crikey, I said the C-word in July!) but behind the scenes of Parisian Orchid, I do quite a lot of crafts. 

Floral crowns have been made quite popular by bloggers and quirky lasses alike but instead of shelling out the £15 for one, I decided to make my own in the hope that I will save some pennies.


Here is what you will need:

Plain headbands - I couldn't find any neutral coloured ones so I went for bright glitter but any will do as long as it's plain.
Scissors - or any cutting implement. If you're brave enough, you can even use a stanley knife.
Superglue - there shouldn't be too much glueing involved but it will help secure the flowers.
Craft flowers - the flowers I got are made of foam with a wire stem. The wire stem is the important element and can be found in Hobbycraft or your local craft store. You should probably buy more than you think you will need and in a variety of complimentary colours. 

How to do it:

1. Decide on your floral arrangement. Either all one colour of flower or a mixture of brights. Go crazy here!
2. Determine where you want your flowers to start and start wrapping the wire stem around the band. You don't need to wrap the entire stem around it. Two or three wraps should do. 
3. Pop a little superglue onto the join to secure it and trim off any excess stem.
4. Continue until you reach the other side.
5. The temptation will be there where you want to try it on straight away but leave the glue to dry for a few hours. Patience grasshopper.
6. Put it on and look fabulous!




So how much does it cost to make this floral crown? The burgundy and cream floral crown cost just £3.63 to make! £3.63!!!! They would suit barbecues in the garden, midsummer night chats by a fire with friend or even attending an outdoor wedding. 

So cute. 


Vanessa

x

2 comments:

  1. Dude.. you are so creative! I would never have thought of doing this! And it looks SO good on you, you look adorable <3

    You would not think that was a) hand made and b)£3.63 (O.o) You're a genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks! I know...I was totalling it all up and shocked myself!

      xx

      Delete