healthy living for a healthy life

Tuesday 21 May 2013

Source
I haven't really talked about my healthy eating and exercise on my blog. One of the reasons being that I don't want to glorify fad diets and I believe each person is beautiful inside and out and being confident isn't all about what dress size you are. Ok, cheesiness aside, I thought I would do a little blog post about my healthy lifestyle that I've been doing for the past few months.

Disclaimer: I am not a diet expert by all stretches of the imagination. I'm actually quite the opposite. I'm merely outlining what has worked for me and my own lifestyle. Please consult a medical profession if you're worried about entering any kind of exercise of diet routine.

Exercise
We've all been there. Buy a gym membership with the good intentions of going every day. Last summer I did exactly that but I found it was only good for my running training and I wasn't seeing the results that I wanted. Ever since starting my full time job, I've found it difficult to fit a gym lifestyle in with working shifts.

Then I discovered Blogilates. Cassey has amazing online workouts and you can tailor your workout to what areas you want to concentrate on. I've been loving the squat challenge and do it 6 days a week and I've noticed such a big difference in my thighs and tush. So worth the pain. You can do these workouts at home and it suits my varied work pattern.

Food
I'll be the first to admit that I do not have a healthy relationship with food but I'm honestly trying my best. I love food so I seriously don't know where I'm getting this irrational fear from. I eat healthy meals and have my Blogilates approved YOLO meal once a week. For dinner, I've been having smaller portions of the same thing my family makes so there is no extra effort. 

I've been cutting down my sugar intake too. Before I'd have about 5 cups of tea a day with one sugar in each one. Now, I have no sugar in my tea and I feel so much better. No more sugar crashes in the middle of the afternoon and opting for a banana to keep my energies up in the morning. Bananas are nature's chocolate dontcha know?

Be Happy
The best thing about having a healthy lifestyle is being happy. 

Be happy that you are feeding your body with the energy that it needs to run an efficient engine. 
Be happy with what you eat whether it be a piece of fruit or a bag of delicious cheese puffs *favourite*
Be happy that when you reach your goal, it's because you didn't give up.

I've still got a long way to go with my healthy lifestyle so this is definitely not a quick fix solution!

Life isn't what makes you, it's what you make of life.

What's your favourite health tip? Have you been changing your diet around to eat more healthily?


Vanessa

x

3 comments:

  1. I love, love, love Cassey's workouts. I recently just started them :) Bravo to you on eating healthy, I still can't do that, haha! xx

    - Jess
    The Mod Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so great huh? She just oozes energy! Lol!

      xx

      Delete
  2. We liked your post a lot!!

    http://habitatparisien.wordpress.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete