Try saying that title over and over again. Tongue twister right? If you haven't discovered by now, I am the ultimate lazy girl. If there's something that needs to be done, I will find the easiest way that it can be done. I'm sometimes like that with my makeup. I can go days without putting a hint of makeup on. Mainly because I want an extra 10 minutes in bed, but also because I like to let my skin breathe. Then there is the fuss of spot cleaning makeup brushes every time I use them. Time consuming huh?
For those gals who cherish those extra 10 minutes in bed and forgo the routine of putting on makeup, I salute you! Here is my (rough) guide to makeup brush free makeup!
- BB Cream: I only ever use my fingers to put BB cream on. Because of its thick consistency, using a makeup brush is hard work. Plus, you can use your fingers to concentrate on particular areas if you're having a bad skin day.
- Cream Blush: When photographing these pictures, I realised that I hardly ever use powder blushes anymore. Cream blushes are so easy to blend with fingers and very travel friendly as you won't need to take another brush with you. NARS Penny Lane is my ultimate favourite.
- Eyebrow Pencil: I usually use a powder to do my eyebrows but for this look, an eyebrow pencil does just the job right!
- Cream Eyeshadows: Long lasting and one swipe of stunning colour is enough to make your eyes pop. MAC does a lovely range of cream eyeshadows but on the pricey side, Maybelline Colour Tattoos also does the job brilliantly at a fraction of the price.
- Pencil Eyeliner: Technically not cheating as it doesn't come with a brush anyway but makes a big difference when you do use it.
- Eyelash Curlers: Again, not cheating because it has no bristles on it. Always need an eyelash curler to make those peepers lovely!
- Mascara: You may argue that it has a brush but name someone who can put mascara on with their hands? No-one. Plus, you don't need to wash it afterwards so it has a purpose. I've been testing Seventeen Doll'd up and I really like it!
I always keep a face/wet wipe handy to clean my fingers between each product because no one likes BB cream in their cream blush! Such a simple look and not a hint of spot cleaning afterwards!
Have you ever tried a makeup brush free look or do you love your makeup brushes too much?