A Foodie Eats: Cup Aberdeen

Tuesday 12 April 2016


One Saturday, a particularly rainy one, me and the boy opened the warming doors to a cute tea shop called Cup. Located just off one of the busiest streets in Aberdeen most famed for its nightlife, we soon forgot about the dreary weather outside and settled into the buzzing atmosphere of this unique tea room.

I had been to Cup before a few years ago but as soon as I stepped inside I noticed a change about the set up of the cafe. There were significantly more tables and the counters had moved to different areas of the room. Nevertheless, we waited around 5 minutes for a table as the whole place was bustling. Even for 11am on a Saturday morning!


The details on the table were very quaint. The salt and pepper shakers were housed in a birdcage and added a little something extra to the already adorable decor.


The boy was ravenous and had already decided on what he wanted whilst waiting for a table. He opted for the Cup Big Breakfast and I had the vegetarian breakfast. We both had the breakfast tea which was served in a very large teapot and cute cups.

The menu had a nice selection of brunch items available until 4pm daily and catered to even the fussiest of eaters. In addition to this, they also do sandwiches, panninis and other lunchtime items. Their list of teas were extensive and I would love to come back and sample some of their selection.



When our breakfast came, I gazed my eyes upon the boy's Big Breakfast and it looked divine. I was confused about mine as I think the server had put mine through as the smaller version of the vegetarian breakfast rather than the standard one. Not wanting to cause I fuss, I tucked in! The breakfast consisted of toast, vegetarian haggis, hash brown, poached egg and beans. I noticed immediately that everything was cooked in as little oil or fat as possible which made this look even healthier!

Even though the food was just about warm, it was still very tasty. The toast was particularly very good. Throughly recommend the brown bread if asked what type of bread you want for your toast. The hash brown was a bit soggy and lacked any kind of flavour which was a bit disappointing.

The cafe was filling up quick and I was conscious of the queue of people at the door, we finished up our tea and paid our bill. Two breakfasts and tea came to around £20 which is pretty good value for money. I would recommend Cup if you were meeting up with your friends for a nice brunch in the city or even just a nice cup of tea.

Vanessa

x

No comments:

Post a Comment