Revlon Lip Butters

Thursday 26 April 2012



These Revlon Lip Butters have been circulating the blogosphere and YouTube world for a while now. Us in the UK have had to be very patient for them making their way across the pond to us. There are already so many reviews about these but I thought I would add my 2 cents in for all that they are worth.

The two shades I got were Peach Parfait and Sweet Tart. They have been described as:

-Hydrating mango, shea and coconut butter formula boosts lip moisture by 156%
-Pampering gel formula provides super charged hydration and glides on lips buttery smooth
-Sheer to medium colour with buttery shine

I'm not a very big lip product fan but surprisingly I really liked the texture of the lip butter. Yes, the colour pay-off is fantastic but I'm not really feeling the boosting of lip moisture. The packaging itself is slightly on the tacky side and I often have difficulty getting the lid off (maybe it's just me?) but I think the product itself should be the focal point.

Peach Parfait & Sweet Tart

My favourite by far is Sweet Tart. It has that 'flirty' pink look that can be easily worn during the day and at night. Peach Parfait is the lesser favourite. I wanted the shade because it was what Emma Stone was wearing in the promotional poster here. It's still a really pretty peach tone shade but it is so glittery!

Left: Peach Parfait Right: Sweet Tart


There are a few other shades that caught my eye, like Lollipop and Raspberry Pie but I think I will stick to these two before moving on to probably try the L'oreal Carese Lipsticks which have been dubbed as the alternative.


These retail for £7.99 and are available from Superdrug and Boots.


What do you think of the Revlon Lip Butters? Worth the hype?


Vanessa
x

6 comments:

  1. Great post with nice pictures! :)

    Melinda

    poppy-seed-flower.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have and love Strawberry Shortcake, but I love the look of Sweet Tart too. All my local stores only have rubbish colours left when I go in!

    Just to let you know, the giveaway I'm holding tomorrow ends tomorrow, so if you want to be in with a chance of winning a Benefit Erase Paste (among other things!) then click here!
    xxx
    http://laurenrmilor.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/late-100-followers-give-away.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I'm really starting to doubt this 16 shades myth!

      You have a great blog by the way :)

      xx

      Delete