Knowing me, knowing you...

Friday 27 April 2012

Because this is a new blog of mine, I thought it would be nice for my readers (or whoever comes across this blog...) to get to know me a little bit better. So, I've basically compiled a small, 10 facts about me post for your reading pleasure.


1. I'm a law graduate
Yes siree! I graduated last year with an LLB in Scots Law. It's been a tough journey but I'd like to think I'm better off for it!

2. I bake
I have a little sideline venture where I just bake a lot and give away the results to willing test subjects :) I jest! I actually sometimes get commissioned to bake special occasion cakes from time to time which I actually really enjoy doing.

3. I'm a British Born Chinese
My family hail from Hong Kong but I was born and raised in good old Scotland!

4. I'm quite musical
I played violin in school and actually reached grade 4 before I started university. Now I play acoustic guitar which I semi-taught myself.

5. I love to travel
I studied abroad in the USA during my degree and LOVED it! I have a passion for travelling and would love to see a bit more of the world before I settle down to be a 'grown up'.

6. I've lost 3 stone since 2008
Weight is a subject that has played a huge part in my life. It may not seem much but I'm so much more confident now than I was back then. There's still a long way to go for me but by golly I shall get there!

7. I'm secretly a nerd
Pretty sad, I know but I'm embracing it!

8. I want to do everything!
I would love to just do everything! Painting, photography, music, academia, writing...you name it, I want to do it!

9. I have checkpoints in life
I often sit down and think about what I want to do with my life (must be the university graduate in me). I have checkpoints where when I reach that checkpoint, I take another review of where I want my life to head towards. Right now, it is to qualify as a Scottish solicitor. It's taking a lot of willpower and several knocks to my confidence but as Kelly Clarkson says: 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!'

10. 'Glass half-full'
I'd like to think of myself as an optimistic person, but at times like these where finding a job is hard and life is throwing you lemon trees, I tend to surround myself with people who brings out the 'glass half-full' person in me!

In hindsight, thinking 10 facts about me is quite the task, but I'd like to think I've represented myself pretty well! 

What are 10 facts about yourself?

Vanessa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment