recipe \\ chocolate orange cupcakes

Friday 16 August 2013

Apart from cinnamon and apples, and white chocolate and raspberry, I think chocolate and orange is one my favourite flavour combinations. There something silently brilliant about this pairing and I do enjoy snacking on a Terry's Chocolate Orange once in a while (especially at Christmas time!)

I had a chocolate orange loitering in my fridge unopened (yes, I keep my chocolate in the fridge, anyone else do that?) and I had a hankering to make my lovely trust chocolate cupcake recipe. Marriage made in heaven? I think so.



Ingredients
175g butter
175g soft brown sugar
3 large eggs
175g self raising flour
4tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp milk

Method
1. Cream the butter and sugar with an electric whisk until light and fluffy. Add the eggs in one at a time.
2. Sift the flour and cocoa powder into the mixture and mix well. Stir in the milk.
3. Divide into paper cases lined in a cupcake tin (this should yield around 12) and put in a preheated oven at 180 degrees celsius for around 20-25 minutes.
4. Leave to cool in the tin for around 5 minutes then transfer onto a cooling rack to cool further.

Swirl on some chocolate buttercream and carefully place a segment of chocolate orange to finish off. Admire the beauty and then devour with gusto. 


Bon appétit!

Vanessa

x

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I'm now officially hungry! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Did you make these? Can you make me some too!! My cakes are never this nicely decorated, yours looks amazing! You should start a baking blog! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It takes years of practice for me to get it to look so good :D

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, these look so perfect!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc

    ps. check out my new giveaway to win a Chanel cream blush! click here.

    ReplyDelete